The ruler of Dubai
The Leader of Dubai
The Father of Dubai
The Poet of UAE
The Knight of UAE
The Crown Prince of Dubai
The Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, also known as Sheikh Mohammed (born 15 July 1949), is the Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates (UAE), and Emir of Dubai.
Since his accession in 2006, after his brother Sheikh Maktoum, he has undertaken major reforms in the UAE's government, starting with the UAE Federal Government Strategy in April, 2007. In 2010 he launched the UAE vision 2021 with the aim of making the UAE "One of the best countries in the world" by 2021.
He is responsible for the growth of Dubai into a global city, as well as the launch of a number of major enterprises including Emirates Airline, DP World and the Jumeirah Group. Many of these are held by Dubai Holding, the holding company with multi-diversified businesses and investments. He currently owns 99.67% of the company.
Sheikh Mohammed has overseen the development of numerous economically transformational projects in Dubai including the creation of technology park and free economic zone Dubai Internet City, Dubai Media City, the Dubai International Finance Centre, the Palm Islands and the iconic Burj Al Arab hotel. He also drove the construction of the tallest building in the world.
Mohammed bin Rashid Smart Majlis
A Be part of Mohammed bin Rashid smart majlis, a platform that allows everyone to participate in building the future of Dubai.
BWho knows, the next great idea might be yours!
Achievements of Highness Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
- Launch of Emirates Airline in 1985
- Merged Jabel Ali Port & Free Zone & Port Rashid to form Dubai Ports Authority in 1991
- Found Dubai Ports International to explore overseas acquisitions and management contracts in 1999
- The Burj Al Arab and Jumeirah in December 1999
- Dubai Internet City and TECOM on 29th October 1999
- Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid and the members of his Cabinet took their oaths in front of Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed at Al Bateen Palace in Abu Dhabi on February 11th 2006.
- The Cabinet Retreats were convened for the first time in 2007 as a special meeting of the UAE Cabinet members to discuss national issues and strategic priorities and eventually reach recommendations to address them.
- In 2010, H.H. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, launched the UAE Vision 2021, which aims to make the UAE one of the best countries in the world.
- His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, launched in December 2013 the largest National Brainstorming session through Twitter, calling on all UAE citizens.
- Burj Khalifa on 4th Jan 2010
- Mohammed bin Rashid participates in 16th Consultative Meeting of GCC leaders.
- and many more....
- 1On January 4th, 2006, His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum became the Ruler of Dubai.
- 2On April 17th, 2007, His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid unveiled the UAE Government Strategy Plan with the aim of achieving sustainable development throughout the country, investing federal resources more efficiently and ensuring due diligence, accountability and transparency across federal bodies.
- 3His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, has launched a seven-year UAE National Agenda leading to the UAE Vision 2021 which also coincides with the UAE’s 50th National Day.
- 4In the twenty-second of May 2013, His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, UAE Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai launched the Smart Government initiative in order to provide services to the public.
- 5His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, launched the Mohammed Bin Rashid Centre for Government Innovation in September 2014 to encourage and motivate innovation.
- 6November 2013 the UAE won the right to host the 2020 World Expo in Dubai. This will be the first time that a World Expo is staged in the Middle East, North Africa and South Asia (MENASA) region.
- 7On May 28th 2016, Dubai's Happiness Indexed with 89% of 2 million votes registering happiness. Highness Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum continue to strive to be the happiest city.
- 8Invites businessmen, public and private institutions to join us in shining a beacon of hope from the UAE https://www.readingnation.ae
In November 2013, the UAE won the right to host the 2020 World Expo in Dubai., This will be the first time that a World Expo is staged in the Middle East, North Africa and South Asia (MENASA) region.
Dubai’s World Expo is held under the theme of Connecting Minds, Creating the Future, echoing the powerful spirit of partnership and co-operation that has driven the UAE’s success in pioneering new paths of development and innovation. Through this theme, Expo 2020 Dubai will serve as a catalyst, connecting minds from around the world and inspiring participants to mobilise around shared challenges during a World Expo of unprecedented global scope.
Expo 2020 Dubai is expected to attract 25 million visits, 70 per cent of which will be from overseas. This will be the first Expo in which the majority of visitors stem from beyond a nation’s borders. Running from 20 October 2020 through 10 April 2021, the Expo will launch the country’s Golden Jubilee celebration and serve as a springboard from which to inaugurate a progressive and sustainable vision for the coming decades.
Quotes By Highness
The record of the UAE’s economy bears testament to the wise vision of the country’s leadership and the sound legislation that guarantees the stability of all investments in various sectors.
HH Mohammed Bin Rashid
Between October 2020 and April 2021, Dubai will host the next World Expo. Bringing together more than 180 nations and an international audience of 25 million visitors, it will be one of the greatest shows on Earth.
Expo will focus on three aspects of Opportunity: developing human capital to stimulate progress; the necessity of financial capital as a resource to support growth; and partnerships as a primary driver of innovation and employment. We will explore a number of facets of Mobility: empowering individuals through physical mobility; facilitating access and distribution of goods and resources; and enhancing virtual connectivity through information technology. And our exhibits will examine the role of natural and built habitats in ensuring human well-being and community resilience; and the need to use resources without compromising the ability of the planet to sustain future generations, as part of the Sustainability sub theme.
Delegates from 132 nations responded positively to Expo 2020 Dubai’s ambitious plans for the global mega-event, as the International Planning Meeting (IPM) enters its second day, focussed on interactive workshops that will explore the theme and master plan.
At the Expo 2020 Dubai International Planning Meeting (IPM), more than 370 senior representatives from around the world were presented with the organisers’ vision of an event that is a festival of human ingenuity. The meeting, taking place on 23-24 May, at Jumeirah Emirates Towers, Dubai, includes 14 in-depth sessions covering Expo 2020’s legacy, theme, and master plan, as well as the city’s readiness to host the global mega-event.